FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IV VITAMIN THERAPY FAQ
- How do you know what vitamins you need?
- At LIVV, we will suggest specific formulas based on your symptom picture. To be accurate with our nutrient suggestions, we educate our patients about comprehensive bloodwork to optimize their blood chemistry with IV nutrients, supplements, nutrition, and lifestyle skills.
- What is in the IV bag?
- Vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. These nutrients improve cellular health, energy levels, and provide the body with essential cofactors and enzyme to perform optimally.
- How often do you get IV drips?
- In our modern day society, LIVV suggests most individuals receive at least 1-2 IVs a month. Consult with one of our doctors for more information.
- What if I am afraid of needles?
- At LIVV, our staff is well-trained in IV therapy to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
PRP REGENERATIVE INJECTIONS FAQ
- How do I Prepare for the procedure? See our pre-procedure checklist here.
- What should I expect after the PRP Treatment? Check out our post-procedure care here.
- Is PRP Painful?
- PRP is a vicious solution which can be painful. At LIVV, with the purchase of PRP injections, prolotherapy is injected 1st (50% dextrose and 1% lidocaine) to numb the area to reduce pain and also promote inflammation and healing of connective tissues.
- Are there any contraindications?
- Uncontrolled diabetes or heart disease
- Surgery within 1 month
- Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic autoimmune disease
- Does my Insurance cover PRP injections?
- No, PRP injections are not covered by insurance. LIVV can provide the patient with a superbill that the patient can submit to their insurance for reimbursement.
- Can I do PRP in conjunction with other treatments?
- Yes, PRP works well in conjunction with IV therapy, a balanced nutritional plan, and a well planned movement and mobility program.
- How long does it take for the Platelet Rich Plasma to start working?
- On average, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) works quickly with patients noticing a difference in pain, structure, and function within 1-2 weeks after treatment.
VITAMIN/NUTRIENT SHOT FAQ
- Does it hurt?
- LIVVs vitamin shots are quite painless – the needles are about the size of an acupuncture needle.
- Are Vitamin Shots covered by my Insurance?
- No. Unfortunately not at this time.
- How do I know what vitamin shots I need or where I am deficient?
- Consult with one of our LIVV doctors to understand what formula is right for you.
- How soon will I see the benefits?
- Within a few minutes and will last typically 4-5 days.
- How often do I need to take the shots and how much of the vitamin is in each shot?
- Since the half-life is 4-5 days. Most patients receive shots weekly. There is 3ml of vitamins within each shot.
- Are there any side effects?
- Vitamin shots may be painful at the injection site. The shot may cause bruising or soreness. Consult with one of our doctors for the risks.
- How do the Vitamin shots differ from the Vitamin Drip Therapy and how do I know which one is best for me?
- The amount of vitamins administered is drastically different from IV therapy and vitamin shots. Consult with one of our LIVV doctors to find the best fit for you!
- How long do the entire visit take with my doctor?
- A brief consult with one of our doctors and the shot will take just seconds.
NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE FAQ
- Is Naturopathic Medicine covered by insurance?
- Naturopathic medicine is not currently covered by insurance. One of our doctors can provide you with a superbill that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. FSA/HSA accounts are accepted.
- Why should I come see a Naturopathic Doctor?
- Naturopathic medicine is becoming more popular in our modern day society due to increase rates of complex cases. Naturopathic doctors invest a great amount of time into understand the clinical picture of their patients health. Naturopathic doctors take a different approach to healthcare and may be the future of medicine.
- What are the most common diseases treated by Naturopathic Medicine?
- Autoimmune conditions
- Metabolic diseases (diabetes)
- Neurological diseases
- Cardiovascular disease
- Endocrine disorders (hypothyroidism)
- Chronic pain
- Can I see a Naturopathic Doctor and my Primary Physician at the same time?
- Yes! A naturopathic doctor may be a great supplementary resource in your healthcare. Naturopathic doctors take a different approach to health but LIVV believes having a health team is important.
PRP “VAMPIRE FACIAL” FAQ
How long does the results last?
- PRP “vampire facials” can last indefinitely – it depends on the quality of the skin and how the body responds to the treatment. Results vary but click here for more testimonials!
Can I do it more than once? Is it safe?